What you wear is an extension of your personality. The perfect look to attain could be hard if you are not aware of how to choose a dress for your body.
What will happen if you do not wear the right dress?
Be it a part or your regular day at work, the correct dress will help you look fabulous and will help you gain confidence. However, if you wear the wrong dress you:
- May end up looking shabby,
- May lose your confidence,
- May even stand out because of your appearance, or
- May have to flee to avoid feeling embarrassed.
How to select the perfect dress for you?
It is true that wearing the wrong dress could be hard for you and may bring many troubles for you. To find the correct dress for your body, here is a guide to choose your dresses:
- Shape: First things first, you need to understand that your innate body shape is the primary determinant of what kind of dress will suit you. Make sure that you know what your shape is, and if you are not too sure, ask someone to help you out.
- Know your style: Choosing something trendy and popular could sound fun, but if you are not comfortable in the dress, it would be a lost cause. To find out your style understand what you like and the types of dresses you can pull off. Confidence is what matters and wearing what you are comfortable in gives you confidence. Do not compromise on your style at any costs.
- Understand your budget: Whenever you go out to shop, you need to keep your budget in mind. Make it a point not to exceed your budget. You could plan your shopping sprees during sales or purchase dresses once in a while.
- Understand the colors: Although shape plays an important role in determining what looks could, the correct color use is always important. Whenever you purchase a dress online or offline, remember to consider the occasion you are purchasing it for. Also, make sure that you make use of colors to understand how it will look on you. Know which colors bring out your skin tone and choose accordingly.
Choosing clothes and dresses according to your shape
Here is a guide to help you select the types of clothes that will work for your body type and shape:
A pear-shaped body
- Find clothes that highlight your shoulders to balance your figure.
- Choose patterned or embellished tops and dresses.
- A-line skirts or flared pants will work best for your figure.
- Avoid tight-fitted pants and jeans.
- Bright tops and dark shades for bottoms will work the best your figure.
An apple-shaped body
- Avoid tops and dresses that draw attention to your middle section.
- Choose flowy dresses, such as the ones that do not highlight your stomach.
- If you are choosing tops, make sure that they are a bit lose and extend over to your hips.
- Avoid skinny lower and straight legged bottoms.
- Also, avoid double-breasted jackets.
- Instead of wearing a belt around your waist, wear it below your bust.
An hourglass shape
- Highlight your curves.
- Your undergarments will play a vital role in your overall look, wear fitted ones.
- To make the best of your figure, avoid baggy clothes.
- If you have a large bust, use the correct kind of bra to avoid making them look saggy.
- Find clothes that highlight your waistline.
- Pencil skirts and fitted tops work the best for you.
A rectangular body shape
- Choose intimate wear that provides volume to your bust.
- Make use of clothes and accessories to create curves in your body, if you do not have them naturally.
- You can enhance your shoulders and bust with the help of ruffled or pleated tops.
- Empire-waist or wrap dresses will help you enhance your look effortlessly.
- Make use of accessories to accentuate your body.
Remember that making use of accessories and the correct type of dresses helps you find the correct look. When you look to buy dress online or in any other place or choose to shop at a local store, make sure that you make use of the knowledge of your shape and the choices available to find what works best.
Do not be shy to try new things for yourself. However, make sure that you understand how clothes and dresses work with your body type to find the best one for you.